Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Defensive Accounting

I know my place in America
(At the intersection of Tenuous Street
And Hired Immigrant Worker Alley)
And accordingly keep a low profile

A modern traveler on the inside,
I keep my bags packed and not too heavy
With stamped passport at the ready
Settled roots foregone, I travel light

The burden of this mask of civility
Weighs heavily on the mind. I'm so weary.
But whenever I deign to remove it
This country serves me a cease and desist

It's all unpaid labor, this emotional homework
The mental accounting performed by this intern clerk
When faced with these periodic restructuring activities
How to balance the books with so many liabilities?

Aburi mask

Defensive Posture, a playlist


A soundtrack for this note. Musical protection. (spotify version)
Timing is everything
Observers are worried

File under: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Writing log. Concept: June 09, 2005; March 26, 2021

No comments: